The Mighty Waler Calendar 2019
The MIGHTY WALER Calendar is a community project in which Waler enthusiasts from around the country submit their favourite photographs of their Waler horses for inclusion into the Calendar. All sales proceeds are donated to the Waler Horse Owners and Breeders Association Inc. to further fund Waler research and obtainment opportunities. So join us, get involved and
make your MIGHTY WALER a star!
RULES AND GUIDELINES
• The MIGHTY WALER Calendar Project is NOT restricted only to WHOBAA Inc. financial members.
• Images featuring horses being mistreated, of poor condition or in disturbing situations will not be considered.
• Horses should exhibit good behaviour! No photos of pinned ears, barred teeth, 'wild' eyes or notably aggressive behaviour. Bucking, rearing, leaping, playing together etc. at liberty are perfectly acceptable. Controlled tricks performed under saddle are also acceptable, so long as it 'appears' safe and relaxed in the photo. Images of horses playing up under saddle, at a show or expressing aggressive behaviour towards another horse or handler will not be accepted.
• Horses should be in good condition! That is not to say they need to be trim, taught and ready for the Quilty, but submissions should not exhibit horses that are very wormy, underweight, overweight or otherwise exhibiting wounds or obvious discomfort either.
• Images including a handler/rider are perfectly acceptable. However, you must have the permission of the person(s) depicted to be included in the calendar. Any images including a minor (any persons under the age of 16 years) MUST be sent accompanied by the written consent of a parent or legal guardian!
• If you have an image of your Waler that you did not take yourself but would like to send in, you must first and always ask the photographer's permission beforehand, whether they are a paid professional or a friend who just happened to snap a great shot of your pride and joy. If you have asked for consent and abide by any terms and conditions set by the photographer, then you are more than welcome to send their pictures along with their name and, if applicable, web address, so that WHOBAA Inc. may give appropriate credit.
• The photographer retains full copyright of all respective images sent. In providing us with an image of your horse, you are simply giving permission for the image to be exhibited in the calendar, and nothing more.
• WHOBAA Inc. is a small, not-for-profit organisation, and all sale proceeds are donated directly to the WHOBAA Inc. treasury, which will then be used in funding future research, exhibitions and shows etc. While your contributions are greatly appreciated, at this time the Association can only sincerely thank you for your efforts, and continue their endeavour in insuring a bright and happy future for these iconic horses.
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOGRAPHS
Photographs must be submitted electronically (via E-mail attachment) to no later than Friday August 31st, 2018. You may also send images on a CD or USB via post at your own discretion, expense and liability.
Your e-mail should include...
• HIGH QUALITY, FULL RESOLUTION images.
• The registered FULL NAME, PREFIX & REGISTRATION NUMBER of the Waler(s) depicted.
• The current STUD NAME or, if the horse does not belong to a Stud, the registered OWNER'S NAME.
• The PHOTOGRAPHER's DETAILS (if applicable).
If you have any queries regarding this project, please don't hesitate to contact me at
Project founded by Kayla Mills, 2015. Endorsed by the Waler Horse Owners and Breeders Association Australia Inc. 2016
The Mighty Waler Calendar 2019
Wiradjuri MIMA MUUJ of Wiradjuri Walers, photographed by Kayla Mills Equine Photography. Forever IOLA of Forever Walers, photographed by Micky G Photography. BILLJIM, Jinka Stallion of Yarramalong Waler Stud, photographed by Roslyn Sexton. Wiradjuri PETER'S LEGACY of Wiradjuri Walers, photographed by Kayla Mills Equine Photography. Forever IOLA, Tinderry HECATE, Anzac TONK and Forever JEWEL OF BEERSHEBA of Forever Walers, photographed by Micky G Photography. FREEMAN WR of Wiradjuri Walers, photographed by Kayla Mills Equine Photography. Mt Weld RESILIENCE of Anembo Walers, photographed by Darwin Photography Professionals. Mt Weld ES SALT, photographed by Tori Rados. Newhaven ROMMY, Snowy MILTON KEYNES and Anzac TONK, photographed by Micky G Photography. Providence COMETS FIRE of Providence Walers ft. Jennifer Cayfe, photographed by Michelle Robertson. Newhaven ACE OF SPADES of Yarramalong Waler Stud, photographed by Kayla Mills Equine Photography. Snowy IDRIESS of Forever Walers, photographed by Paul Gersbach.
The Mighty Waler Calendar 2017
Snowy IDRIESS of Forever Walers, photographed by Micky G Photography. Newhaven DESERT DREAMER of Yarramalong Waler Stud, photographed by Kayla Mills Equine Photography. Forever FANTASY of Forever Walers, photographed by Micky G Photography. Willing NOBLE COMRADE ft. Janette Wilson of Willing Waler Stud, photographed by Julie Wilson. Providence CABINEER, Providence AMAZING GRACE, Providence ARCHER and Providence BISHARI of Providence Waler Stud, photographed by Michelle Robertson. Snowy AYLESBURY, photographed by Fetching Images. Snowy MACANTHUR-ONSLOW and Homelands CASSILIS of Snowy Waler and Timor Stud, photographed by Kim Winter. Trublu TRAIL BLAZER of Pinnacle Peak Waler Stud, photographed by Cavallo Photographic Services. Snowy ROYSTON of Snowy Waler and Timor Stud, photographed by Kim Winter. Newhaven SNAP of Wiradjuri Walers, photographed by Kayla Mills Equine Photography. Newhaven HELAMAN and Newhaven PRINCE, photographed by Lindsay McComb. NP FONZARELLI of Forever Walers, photographed by Micky G Photography.